Amy Poehler Net Worth, Money and More
AMY POEHLER: NET WORTH: $18 MILLION
CAREER / PROFESSION: ACTRESS, WRITER, PRODUCER, COMEDIAN, VOICE ARTIST
Comedian turned Actor
5’2” Amy Poehler was born on September 16, 1971 in the city of Massachusetts. Amy Poehler is not only a good comedian but also a great actor, prolific writer, voice artist, and a great producer. After completing graduation from Boston College and having the degree of Media and Mass Communication, she moved to Chicago. Her first break came when she was signed for “Saturday Night Live” with Tina Fey and others in the comedy theatres named ImprovOlympics and Second City.
Amy was daughter to Eileen Poehler and William Poehler who were both schoolteachers. Born in Newton’s suburbs and brought up in Burlington, Amy became the member of a college’s comedy group named My Mother’s Fleabag. The family followed Catholic Faith. After completing graduation Amy moved to Chicago which proved a turning point in her life.
Show me the money!
Amy Poehler makes around 18 million dollars from her television shows and films.
She earns around 200 dollars from each aired episode.
Major shows in Amy’s list include Saturday Night Live, Parks and Recreation. In ’04, she was also casted in Mean Girls as a mom to Rachel McAdams. The best friends Amy and Fey were starred together in Baby Mama in 2008.
Late in 1996, Amy moved to New York where she joined “Upright Citizens Brigade” which was later aired on Comedy Central for three consecutive years. Other serials in which she acted include Apartment 2F, Spin City, Undeclared, SpongeBob Square pants, O’ Grady, The Simpsons, Wonder Showzen, the Might B!, Sesame Street, Louie, Napoleon Dynamite, The Greatest Event in Television History, 30 Rock.
Her list of films include Tomorrow Night, Hamlet 2, Martin and Orloff, Man of the Year, The Ex, Shrek the Third, Southland Tales, Shortcut to Happiness, Mr. Woodcock, They Came together, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Inside Out, The Secret World of the Arrietty, You are Here, Free Birds, A.C.O.D, Free Dance, Horton Hears a Who!, Monsters vs.11 Aliens, Wild Girls Alone, Envy, Deuce Bigalow, Spring Breakdown, Wet Hot American Summer, Tenacious D in the Pick of the Destiny, Hoodwinked Too!Hood vs. Evil and the list goes on.
Marriage and motherhood
Amy tied knots in the year 2003 with Will Arnett, a co- actor. The couple acted together in Arrested Development and Blades of Glory. In Arrested Development, they played a role of a couple who accidently gets married! However, the marriage was short lived and the couple divorced in the year 2012. They have two sons with the name of Archibald (born in 2008) and Abel (born in 2010). She had her first baby while she was shooting for Saturday Night Live.
Success was easy to Amy Poehler. She gave many major television serials and films during her acting career Amy earned success with her shows Conan O’Brien Show and a comedy series on the channel Comedy Central aired in the year 1998. But her career got a major hit strike in 2001 when she joined the live shit show, Saturday Night Live with Tina Fey(later turned to be her best friend), Stephen Colbert, Chris Farley and Mike Myers.
In the year 2008, she gave another hit show with the name of Parks and Recreation where she played a role of Leslie Knope. These prime shows have catered huge success and a lot many awards and numerous nominations to Amy.
Awards and Achievements
- She was the first cast to be nominated for Primetime Emmy Award for outstanding Supporting Actress. Her show Parks and Recreation was the top comedy show during the time the show was aired.
- She also received the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in Television Comedy Series in the year 2014, Golden Globe Award, Variety’s Power of Comedy Award, The Comedy Awards and MTV Movie Award.
- She was nominated for Satellite Award, Producers Guild of America Award, and Television Critics on Award, Women’s Image Network Awards, and Writers Guild of America Award.
Being a great comedian and a prolific writer, she was a very good speaker also. She said many funny quotes. Some of the spicy one are:
- “Always remember your kid’s name. Always remember where you put your kid. Don’t let your kid drive until their feet can reach the pedals. Use the right size diapers & for yourself. And, when in doubt, make funny faces.”
- As you navigate through the rest of your life, be open to collaboration. Other people and other people’s ideas are often better than your own. Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you, spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life.
- I just love bossy women. I could be around them all day. To me, bossy is not a pejorative term at all. It means somebody’s passionate and engaged and ambitious and doesn’t mind leading.
- I’ve always dreamed of growing up to be Amy Poehler.
- When you’re doing sketch comedy and you’re pregnant, it’s like wearing a giant sombrero in every sketch.
With the money she is worth of, she can buy
- 3,272.7 Authentic New York Hot Dog Vendor Cart worth $5,500.00 each
- 3,977.9 Saturday Night Live 1987 Original Script worth $4,525.00 each
- 90 HS 120mph Electric Car worth $200,000.00 each
- With the amount of money Amy Poehler is worth of, she can give $1 to every person living in Burkina Faso!