Tory Burch – Net Worth, Money and More

By  |  0 Comments

NET WORTH: $1 billion

PROFESSION: Fashion Designer and Business woman



Tory Burch is a very famous American designer known for her fashion sense. She is also a successful business woman and a wise philanthropist. She was born on 17 June in the year 1966. She gave birth in Valley Forge in Pennsylvania in United States. In a very short span of time she has been able to make a lifestyle fashion brand which is worth in multi- millions. This lifestyle brand is based on Tory herself. Toru is the Chief Executive Officer and the designer of one of the most famous and known brands in America i.e. Tory Burch. Tory Burch is also the founder of Tory Burch Foundation. Tory in her childhood days was not anything like a fashion designer one can imagine. She loved to dress up like boys, ride horses and play tennis.


Tory was raised in a Georgian house in Pennsylvania and she was more of a tomboy. She is the only daughter of Ira Earl Robinson and Reva. Tory’s mother was a known actress who once dated Yul Brynner and Steve McQueen and maybe that was the link for Tory that inspired her to be famous. Tory never had any money issued as her father was a wealthy and rich investor. Raised with three brothers, she has never considered herself any less than men and she thinks that there is no work a man can do but a woman can’t. She did her schooling from Agnes Irwin School in Pennsylvania. She has done her majors in art history from the University of Pennsylvania. After graduating from the University, she worked in a series of fashion jobs like, a copywriter for Ralph Lauren. She also worked as an assistant to Zoran and also as a sitting assistant to Harper’s Bazaar.



Tory is married twice, but none of her marriage lasted. She was first married in the year 1993 to William Macklowe. William is the son of a renowned real- estate magnate, Harry B. Macklowe. William and Tory got a divorce within a year and in 1996 she got married to J. Christopher Burch. Tory and Christopher got divorced in the year 2003. After divorce Tory didn’t change her last name. In the year 2007 it was heard that Tory was dating Lance Armstrong. The latest affair of Tory is with Lyor Cohen.



Tory Burch is a famous name in the field of fashion and her brand is recognized all over the globe. The net worth of this known fashion designer is estimated to be around 1 billion US dollars. Her brands get total revenue of 800 million US dollars in the year 2012. There are around seventy two stores of Tory Burch all over the world. She has been in the fashion business for eight years now, a very short time to become a billionaire!! In the year 2012 Tory sold her Hampton mansion at a sum of 11 million US dollars. Her ready to wear gives her 25 percent of the total wealth and the rest 75 percent money she gets is from her accessories. After Sara Berkley, Burch is the second self- made billionaire in America. Tory holds a 28.3 percent stake in her company.



Throughout the years she has earned lots of respect and fame along with some major awards for her design works.  She got the award of “The Council of Fashion Designers of America” for being the accessories designer of that year in the year 2008. She also earned “The Rising Star Award” in the year 2005 by the Fashion Group International for having the best new retail concept in her designs. The Accessories Council of Excellence awarded her with “The Accessory Brand Launch of The Year” in the year 2007. Her colleagues also appreciate her and praise her for her hard work.



Tory Burch has a golden heart and she likes to work for women welfare. She even has started a foundation which gives money to small women entrepreneurs to start their work in The United States. In the year 2009 she opened “The Tory Burch Foundation” for women empowerment.  Her foundation is working in collaboration with another non- profitable organisation, ACCION USA which opened in the year 1991. She wanted to start a foundation to help women since she started her fashion line but waited until she became successful. Her foundation recently collaborated with the Bank of America to start a new venture named Elizabeth Street Capital initiative through which loans will be provided in 18 cities in The United Stated to middle aged women so that they can start up their own business to help their families. She is also a member at “Memorial Sloan- Kettering Cancer Centre”.


Tory Burch

Here are some of Tory’s words:

  • I’m very forgiving so I forgive most things, really.
  • Big businesses can help by engaging aspiring entrepreneurs and promoting initiatives which support small businesses from within.
  • My company is an extension of me, so when I designed my stores I wanted people to feel they were in my home.
  • It’s very passe to think women want to spend a fortune on clothes.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *