Dirk Nowitzki net worth, money and more
NET WORTH: $ 180 MILLION
2013-14 Earnings: $22.9 M (Forbes)
Endorsements Earning: $0.5 M
Dirk Werner Nowitzki famously known as Dirk Nowitzki is a professional German Basketball player who plays for Dallas Mavericks in the NBA. Born on June 19th, 1978 in Germany he stands tall at 7.0 feet 0 inches (213 cms) a height perfect for a basketball player. He started his career with the Rontgen Gymnasium and later represented the DJK Wurzburg basketball club before he was drafted by the Milwaukee Bucks as the 9th pick in 1998 season and was later traded to the Dallas Maverick. He started the season as a power forward and had a very rocky start but the years that followed he showed the entire world how to play a power forward such was his charisma with the ball that he is now considered as one of the greatest ever to play that position.
Earnings in NBA
Ok so enough of his heroics now let us talk money, Dirk Nowitzki is one of the highest paid basketball players in the world at present with an estimated annual salary of around $ 22.7 million. He is presently under a contract with the Dallas Mavericks signed in 2010 at a remuneration of $ 80 million for four years that ends this season. Most of his wealth comes from his earnings as a player for the Mavericks which are as follows:
- 1998-99 Dallas Mavericks NBA $1,472,640
- 1999-00 Dallas Mavericks NBA $1,583,040
- 2000-01 Dallas Mavericks NBA $1,693,560
- 2001-02 Dallas Mavericks NBA $2,157,595
- 2002-03 Dallas Mavericks NBA $10,067,750
- 2003-04 Dallas Mavericks NBA $11,326,219
- 2004-05 Dallas Mavericks NBA $12,584,688
- 2005-06 Dallas Mavericks NBA $13,843,156
- 2006-07 Dallas Mavericks NBA $15,101,625
- 2007-08 Dallas Mavericks NBA $16,360,094
- 2008-09 Dallas Mavericks NBA $18,077,904
- 2009-10 Dallas Mavericks NBA $19,795,714
- 2010-11 Dallas Mavericks NBA $17,278,618
- 2011-12 Dallas Mavericks NBA $19,092,873
- 2012-13 Dallas Mavericks NBA $20,902,543
- 2013-14 Dallas Mavericks NBA $22,792,325
Endorsements and contracts
Dirk Nowitzki endorses the popular sports brand Nike and other than this he had many more offers with eye-popping deals but he rather choose to stick only to this brand as he says he is happy with the money he has, hard to believe but true.
House in the Billionaire’s Row
So with this huge worth a dream home is a necessity and Dirk Nowitzki didn’t think twice before zeroing in upon and buying a house located in the heart of the Dallas neighbourhood which is dubbed as the “Billionaire’s Row”. Built in 1937 this 9215 square foot house has a garage that can accommodate 3 cars at a time, it boasts of a tennis court, a swimming pool, a fireplace with a sitting area, neatly designed interiors and well decorated walls with a photo frame gallery of his illustrious career.
Dirk Nowitzki Cars Collection
A luxury sports car is what everyone dreams of but only a few can afford it and when it comes to a basketball players and the one who rank second in the present top NBA earners buying this is just lashing out a small chunk of his annual earning. Dirk Nowitzki owns an Audi R8: White Car Edition which is ranked as the #4th best luxury sports car in the world and is available in the market at a standard price of $ 171, 494.
Awards and accolades as a Basketball player
Dirk Nowitzki almost has a rags to riches story because he had won many a awards but above all he won the hearts of the people and basketball fans around the world with his mastery over the game that he developed over time after a disastrous 1st season which was worth forgetting, today he has many awards and achievements to his name which are as follows:
- NBA, Most valuable player (MVP) in the year 2007 and is the 1st European to win this award.
- 1st European to score 20,000 points in NBA history.
- Led Mavericks to 12 consecutive NBA playoffs and the 1st championship in the clubs history in the year 2011.
- He is a 12-time all-star and 12-time all-NBA team member.
- Led German team and won a bronze in the 2002 FIBA World championships and silver in Eurobasket 2015.
- He had also won Mister Europa Player of the year (2005) and the German Sports personality of the year in 2011.
Money matters but Ethics do count
With such a talent the priceless Dirk Nowitzki takes home a thick and fat pay of $ 22.7 million which accounts for one third of the total purse of the club, even though he still has the reputation of a team player and game winner he promised the team owner Mark Cuban and Donnie Nelson that he was ready to take a pay cut in the next deal just to accommodate some quality match winning players in the side to build a contender quality team which can raise the championship flag again before he takes a final call on his basketball career.
German Ambassador for UNICEF
Having made his mark and cemented his place as one of the greatest basketball power forwards Dirk started looking outside the game to make a mark in the society and positively impact the world. He started Dirk Nowitzki Foundation in 2005 to support and empower the malnourished children by encouraging them to actively participate in the sports and related activities and grow to their full potential. In 2013 due to his tireless commitment for the common good of the society he was appointed as the German Ambassador for the United Nations Children’s Fund by the UNICEF.
“I always wanted to be a basketball player. Nothing more, nothing less.” – Dirk Nowitzki
“I would never sit here and say I’m a great player. That’s just not my personality.”
“I’ve been an All-Star a bunch of times, and winning is the only thing that matters.” – Dirk Nowitzki.