Keanu Reeves Net Worth, Money and More
NET WORTH: $ 350 Million
Keanu Reeves’ name is almost synonymous with The Matrix trilogy. Reeves is a wonderful actor and is also known for movies like Speed, Point Break, Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure. Reeves is known for doing really versatile roles, each one equally convincing. Reeves is into theatre as well. His only announced relationship is with Jennifer Syme. The relationship ended tragically. Its a well known fact that he has not been able to fully recover since.
Keanu Charles Reeves was born in Beirut, Lebanon in 1964, to parents Patricia Bond and Samuel Nowlin Reeves, Jr. Reeves has shared a strained relationship with his father, and he does not currently have any relationship with his father.
Reeves had to move around a lot, mainly because of his mother’s short lived marriages. Reeves has been challenged by dyslexia. Reeves, originally, wanted to be a national level Hockey player, but his dreams crashed when he got seriously injured. He dropped out of high school and didn’t even obtain a high school diploma.
Reeves credits his mother with the impeccable English manners that he has inculcated.
Reeves always had one foot in the acting industry. He started acting at the tender age of nine, where he appeared in the theatre production of Damn Yankees. At 15, he played Mercutio, in the stage production of Romeo and Juliet. Reeves made his screen acting debut in a comedy series name Hangin’ In.
Reeves started appearing in endorsements in the 1980s. After doing a few minor roles in some movies, Reeves got his first sizable role in the film River’s Edge. The 1990s were a few good years for Reeves. Except for Point Break, he was known for comedies and indie dramas. The movie Jan de Bont pushed Reeves into the A-List stars.
The 19999 science fiction action hit The Matrix, a film starring Keanu Reeves, was a box office success and attracted positive reviews. The movie got him more fame and critical acclaim.
After The Matrix, Reeves only progressed more and more as an actor. He did movies like The Gift, Something’s Gotta Give, Constantine, and the two Matrix sequels.
In 2008, Reeves began his directorial career with the movie Man of Tai Chi, which premiered in 2013.
As of October 2013, Reeves was busy filming an action film titled John Wick.
Reeves is a U.S. citizen through his American father and also holds Canadian citizenship by naturalization. He is also entitled to British citizenship through his English mother.
Reeves claims to be non-religious as opposed to the popular impression of Reeves being either a Buddhist or an atheist.
Reeves has had a tragic history on the relationship front. His girlfriend gave birth to a stilborn daughter in 1999. 18 months later, his girlfriend, Jennifer Syme died in a car wreckage. He took a lot of time to recover from the accident and still, the memory of the time passed gives him pain and sadness.
- Hollywood Hills Home
- 1973 Norton 850 Commando
- Porsche 911 (993) c4
- Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide
- West Coast Choppers Bike
- He’s extremely generous.
- He built up his resume with a Coca-Cola commercial.
- He’s ambidextrous.
- He’s really picky about his roles.
- His name roughly translates to “cool mountain breeze” in Hawaiian.
- He’s one of the only Hollywood stars without a Mansion.
- One pf his best friends died by overdose.
- His younger sister had leukemia and she is cured today. He donated 70% of his gains from the movie Matrix to hospitals that treat leukemia.
- He doesn’t have bodyguards, and he doesn’t wear fancy clothes.
- He is a B blood type.
- He named Peter O’Toole as the actor who has influenced him the most.
- He is an avid fan of Formula 1 and IndyCar racing.
- His best friend is his sister.
- “Falling in love and having a relationship are two different things.”
- “Grief changes shape, but it never ends.”
- “The simple act of paying attention can take you a long way.”
- “Kissing someone is pretty intimate, actually very intimate, and your heart always kind of skips a beat before you do that.”
- “When the people you love are gone, you’re alone.”
- “I try not to think about my life. I have no life. I need therapy.”
- “I believe in love at first sight. You want that connection, and then you want some problems.”
- “I’m Mickey Mouse. They don’t know who’s inside the suit.”
- “I’m sorry my existence is not very noble or sublime.”
- “When I don’t feel free and can’t do what I want I just react. I go against it.”
Keanu Reeves is a talented man, something that is evident from his movies. It takes a lot of strength to move on in life from something that means so much to begin with. Reeves is a respected man, who has stood the test of time, not only in professional but also in his personal life.
Reeves is a down to earth man. He is humble and kind. Even though he is a bike lover, he has been seen using public transport. He is practical and logical as well. It can be seen by the type of real estate investments he has made.