Hugh Jackman – Net Worth, Money and More
NET WORTH: $100 MILLION
CAREER / PROFESSION: ACTOR
Mr. Wolverine: a man of many talents
Hugh Michael Jackman, with an Australian origin has his hands deep in all the aspects of acting including theatres and television. The superhero is famous world-wide for the different shades of roles played. The worth he has accredited is due to his ventures in production and acting. He is not just limited to these domains, indeed he is an entrepreneur also. Moreover, he donates all the profit earned by his company to charity.
Born on 12th October 1968, Hugh was brought up in Australia. His parents divorced when he was just 7 years old. He stayed with his father with the two other siblings. He spent most of his childhood times by camping around, wandering here and there in a quest to know more about the world. He got his Bachelor of Arts degree by the University of Technology. He began his career in acting with the Western Australia Academy of Performing Arts.
Legendry career: 13 seconds unemployment
Hugh was amongst those lucky people who did not had to wait for being employed. He received the offer to be a part of a television series “Correlli” just 13 seconds after he was graduated. He was also a part of Royal National theatre of Oklahoma.
However, his career took a rocket speed when he played the role of Wolverine in the movie X-Men. He was subsequently casted in other parts of X-Men (X2: X-Men United, X-Men: The Last Stand, X-Men Origins: Wolverine). He came in lime light with his other movies like Prestige, Australia and The Fountain. His acting skills were capable of bringing tears in audience’s eyes.
He has long list of films including Kate & Leopold, Someone Like You, Swordfish, Van Helsing, Flushed Away, Deception, Uncle Jonny, The Burning Season, Real Steel, Butter, Les Miserables, Prisoners, Chappie, and The Wolverine.
During his tenure in television he was a part of serials like Law of the Land, Blue Heelers, Saturday Night Live, The Man from Snowy River, Viva Laughlin, Punk’d, Sesame Street and Top Gear.
Marital status: Married
Hugh Jackman was married to Deborra-Lee Furness on 11th April 1996 and they have been together ever since. The couple met on the sets of Correlli. He is a very social person has kept his personal life very low profile. The couple also has 2 children from the marriage, Oscar Maximillian (2000) and Ava Eliot (2005).
The man has got huge crush for property. He owns a chain of property in his home town, Australia. He also has a house in Melbourne, Sydney and West Coast. He has recently bought a 18 million dollar triplex in New York.
- Micromax deal
Hugh Jackman is name the Brand Ambassador of Micromax. the actor has great love for India. He at some function said, “I am extremely thrilled and honored to be part of the Micromax family. I am a huge lover of India as it is one of the most exciting countries in the world and we also share our love for cricket”.
Awards and nominations
- He was awarded “The Sexiest man alive” by People in the year 2008.
- He was awarded with the title of “Sexiest man on the Earth” in the year 2008.
- He received the Emmy awarded for being a Host of Tony Awards.
- He was ranked 11th Celebrity 100, 29th in Money, 32th in TV/Radio, 27th in Press, 32th in Social and 14th in Marketability by Forbes.
- He is also the recipient of Golden Globe Award, Scream Award, Teen Choice Award, People’s Choice Award, and Film Critics Circle of Australia Awards for Best Actor.
- He was nominated for Olivier Awards, MTV Awards Empire Award for Best Actor and Teen Choice Actor.
Hugh Jackman is man of noble heart. He, with his wife Deborra have been actively involved with various charity foundations. The Art of Elysium and the MPTV Fund foundations are among few charitable organizations with whom Hugh works. He has also raised $1549953 for Equity Fight AIDS in 6 weeks. He is also an active follower of Muhammad Yunus. He also donated $50000 to Charity: Water and to Operation of Hope.
- Becoming a father, I think it inevitably changes your perspective of life. I don’t get nearly enough sleep. And the simplest things in life are completely satisfying. I find you don’t have to do as much, like you don’t go on as many outings.
- To me, the smell of fresh-made coffee is one of the greatest inventions.
- I was probably more scared of my high school exams than I was of the Oscars. At the time you think it’s everything and if you don’t do well, your life’s over. Opportunities are gone. So the more you do it, the less the fear is present.
- Your wife is always right. Very simple. I think I’m going to get it tattooed on my forehead.
- I have a terrific marriage, but unlike a lot of relationships where they ebb and flow, no matter what happens, you fall deeper and deeper in love every day. It’s kind of the best thing that can happen to you. It’s thrilling.