Khushpal Singh- Net Worth, Money and More
Net worth -$ 3.3 billion
Khushpal Singh or KP Singh is an Indian real estate king. He the chairman and chief executive officer of DLF limited, which is the India’s largest real estate developer. KP had been a great leader of DLF group in Indian real estate industry, and as a result company is been credited with developing the modern township of Gurgaon. According to latest Forbes survey, KP has been ranked 551th all over the world and presently 18th richest man of India. But in 2013 KP was ranked at 130th position in Forbes’s list with the net worth of $7.3 billion.
K.P. Singh (Khushpal Singh) was born on 15th August’1931 at Bulandshahar in Uttar Pradesh in Jat family. His father Ch. Mukhtar Singh was a reputed lawyer in Bulandshahar. He completed his graduation in science from Meerut College and later on went to UK to study Aeronautical Engineering. While pursuing engineering he was selected to the prestigious Indian Army by British Officers service selection board, UK. He joined the Indian Military Academy at Dehradun and was later on commissioned into ‘The Deccan Horse’- a renowned cavalry regiment of the Indian army.
In 1960, KP joined American universal electric company and soon after its amalgamation with DLF universals limited in 1979, he was positioned as the managing Director of this new company. Since then the journey of being a real Estate king began. KP had the vision to buy land in Gurgaon, which was a barren village on the outskirts of Delhi. He was only the person who foresighted the untapped potential of the place. KP made DLF the world’s largest real estate company by making Gurgaon a real-estate hotspot of the country. Presently company has more 100 million sq. feet under development in residential, commercial and retail projects all over the country. Company enjoys the status of being India’s largest real estate company by owning approx. 547 million aq. Feet of estate land, from 51% falls in NCR itself. DLF has captured more than 10,000 acres of land in Gurgaon, and built a city known as DLF city.
Khushpal Singh also held a number of professional positions in India. Apart from chairman of DLF, he is also the chairman and Director of 31 diverse private firms that are engaged in different sectors of economy. He was the president of the ASSOCHAM (Association chamber of commerce and industry of India), PHD chambers of commerce & Industry and director of central board, RBI. Recently the real estate King launched an autobiography named “Whatever the odds: The incredible story behind DLF”
KP Singh married to Indira Singh and had one son, Rajiv Singh and two daughter as Renuka talwar and Pia Singh. All KP’s family, including grandchildren are involved with DLF groups and successfully running the business.
K.P Singh’s son is the vice chairman of DLF group while Rajiv’s wife has been an ‘advisor’ to DLF commercial developers Ltd since November 2002. And rest of the is also involved with the company.
Wealth and Assets:
Khushpal Singh is a man of small town of India, but he has maintained his living lifestyle according to his position. He has maintained a very lavish and a comfort lifestyle. KP owns a private jet, and has a long range of lavish car in his garage including Mercedes Ben.
• Khushpal Singh the owner of DLF universals maintains his lavish lifestyle, he own the world’s finest and most luxurious private air craft i.e. Gulfstream IV which he bought for $32.5 million. This magnificent jet is installed with two twin Rolls Royce Tay 611-8 engines that facilitates the aircraft to turn into more fuel efficient and allows the jet to fly like wind. This incredible aircraft can fly with speed of 528mph and has the capacity to carry approx. 15-20 members.
• Besides a private, KP also had a series of luxury cars in his cars. When the word luxury cars are said then first name comes into mind is Mercedes Benz. Mercedes Benz is always had been a status for the rich people, thus KP also owns a Mercedes Benz S-class. This car is one of most luxurious, safest, and beautiful car in the world. The excellent features of the cars allow one to ride classically.
Billionaire K.P Singh not only thinks about his company’s well beings, but is also concern about the society being a true philanthropist. KP started an organization to improve charitable events alongside other activities and named as DLF foundation. This foundation is also responsible for the social economic changes happening in the community. The foundation was founded by the Chairman itself and runs under the mission of “Building India” from the grass roots by creating sustainable eco-friendly programs.
Awards and Achievements:
KP is said to be a man with honor. He has done a lot towards the Indian economy and well beings of country. He played an important role in developing India a Hi-tech country. In his career he achieved following awards:
• He achieved Padma Bhusan Award by the govt. of India on 26th January’2006.
• He was recognized by Forbes magazine as the richest real estate baron and eighth richest person in the world on 24th march’2008
• He also achieved Samman Patra award in 2009 by govt. of India for being one of the top tax payer of Delhi region.
• He is the recipient of the Delhi Ratna awards which is conferred by govt. of Delhi for his valuable contribution towards the development of Delhi.
• In 2008, he received a special award conferred by NDTV, for his valuable contribution towards the growth of Indian economy.
• In 2011, he achieved ‘the Entrepreneur of the year award’ at the Asian Awards.