Rupert Grint Net Worth, Money and More
NET WORTH: $50 Million
Rupert Grint is famous all over the world for his portrayal of Ron Weasley in the brilliant Harry Potter series, authored by J.K. Rowling. This character, as everyone knows, was one of the three main characters in the entire series. Grint started acting as Ron in the Harry Potter series at the age of 11. Before that, he had acted only in school plays. He rose to fame and success with his co stars Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson. Apart from the Harry Potter series, Grint has starred in movies like Thunderpants, Driving Lessons, Cherrybomb, Wild Target and Into The White. He made his debut in the world of stage and theatre with Mojo, in 2013.
Grint was born in Essex to the proud parents Joanna Grint and Nigel Grint, in the year 1988. He is the eldest of five siblings. While attending Dorothy Stringer High School, Grint developed a lot of interest in theatre. Because of this, he started participating in a lot of school plays. Rupert Grint acted professionally for the first time with the movie Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, in 2001. While asking him about his school, he says that he didn’t really like it as such.
We all know Rupert Grint’s acting career started with the Harry Potter movie: Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone. The entire series is based on a novel written by J.K. Rowling. Grint wanted to audition for his role as he too has ginger colored hair like Ron Weasley and also, he really admired the book series. An interesting fact is that out of the three main roles in the movie, Grint was the oldest of the three. When the first movie was released in 2001, it became the highest grossing film of that year. Not only was it commercially successful, it also brought a lot of fame and critical acclaim to all the cast members, specially the main three roles. The movie also brought a lot of awards along Grint’s way. He won the award for the Most Promising Young Newcomer. The other movies included in this series were-
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Each and every movie of the entire season was successful and Rupert’s acting flourished with time and every movie brought him a lot of critical acclaim. J.K. Rowling said in her speech that Grint’s character is included in her “The Big Seven” list- a list which basically involved the names of Harry Potter film series cast members. The other actors included are Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Tom Felton, Matthew Lewis, Evanna Lynch and Bonnie Wright.
Grint started acting in films other than the Harry Potter series in the year 2002 with the movie Thunderpants. It received mixed reviews by the critics but his acting was praised. Some other films include Cherrybomb, Wild Target, and Into The White. He also lent his voice in the film Postman Pat: The Movie- You Know You’re The One. He also appeared in Ed Sheeran’s song Lego House. Apart from this, he has been a few advertisements and magazine covers as well. He had the honor of carrying the Olympic Torch during the relay in 2012. He made his stage debut with Mojo in 2013.
Grint has a close friendship with his co-stars Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson. He suffers from arachnophobia. He believes in giving back to the community and has donated money and even clothes for charitable purposes. In 2011, Rupert Grint was a part of the Make Mine Milk campaign, which basically aimed at promoting the habit of drinking milk daily.
- Hertfordshire Manor House
- Ice Cream Truck
- Range Rover
- His favorite character has always been that of Ron.
- He thinks that the slugs in CoS tasted very nice!
- He bought his family a house in a private island.
- He sent a video of himself, dressed as a girl, while rapping about how much he wanted the part of Ron Weasley.
- He likes to draw.
- “After being in Harry Potter, I believe a bit more in magic than I did before.”
- “The characters in the book grow up with us. My voice has broken as well.”
- “It is always in the back of my mind that acting might come to an end for me when Harry Potter finishes. I don’t know if I am good enough to have a long career. I have got a bit of an inferiority complex about my acting. My self-esteem is quite low in that sense.”
- “I have known Emma Watson since she was 9, we have watched each other grow up, formed this sort of brother-sister bond, and suddenly I am leaning in to kiss her. Well, it felt completely wrong… but, you know, you try to sink into the character and divorce yourself from it. We ended up laughing hysterically afterwards.”
- “Yeah, my parents help me keep my feet on the ground.”
- “I always wanted to go into acting.”