Antonio M Reid – net worth, money and more
NET WORTH: 300 Million dollars
CAREER / PROFESSION: Record executive, songwriter, producer, drummer
Born on 7th Jun 56 in United States, Antonio M. L.A. Reid has a net worth of 300 million dollars. Known in the entertainment industry for his versatile nature as a Record executive, songwriter, producer, and drummer, Antonio is also the founder of LaFace Records. He is the reason for the popularity of various artists like Justin Bieber, Mariah Carey, Usher, Pink, Ne-Yo, OutKast, Dido, Toni Braxton, Young Jeezy, and Paula Abdul and Avril Lavigne among others. He is also the present CEO and Chairman of “Island Def Jam Music Group”. He is also the CEO and also the President of Hitco Music Publishing (Atlanta). He also judged two seasons of the American version of X Factor. He declared his un-involvement with the third season of the show because of his involvement with Epic Records. His first performance as a drummer was with Cincinnati funk rock outfit Pure Essence. The band is world widely known and is known to produce the one solitary 45 in 1975. They also performed in the local FM radio WEBN’s. The band was then renamed to “Essence”. He got to experience the main stage appearance when he joined the R&B Band in 1980. Their Two Occasions released in 1988 was one of the most successful songs which was remade under by LA Productions and Recording Studio Music Intersection.
Antonio M. Reid was raised by his mother, Emma Reid who is a very established interior decorator. He is one of four children their parents had. He was nick named as “L.A.” because of his sense and taste in clothing.
Marital status: Married
He was married to Pebbles (pop star in 1980) from the year 1989 to 1997 and the couple also have two sons together from the marriage Antonio Jr. and Aaron. In 2000, L.A. married a teacher Erica Holton and the couple has a son Addison and daughter Arriana together.
He started his career track as a professional drummer with his first performance being Cincinnati funk rock outfit Pure Essence. Soon he climbed up the ladder of success with his each involvement. He also judged The X Factor (American version) with American Idol Producer Simon Cowell and Paula Abdul and pop singer Nicole Scherzinger. He became the CEO and Chairman of Epic Records in the year 2011. In the later year, he joined the X Factor Family again with its other members like Simon Cowell, Nicole Scherzinger and Paula Abdul and Steve Jones with new judges being Britney Spears and Demi Lovato and Khloé Kardashian and Mario Lopez as co-hosts. He did not judge the third season of the show and was replaced with Paulina Rubio
Estates and Homes
Antonio owns a royal home in one of the posh areas of the city. The home is spread over a large area and offers a mesmerizing and an eye beholding view. Decorated with lavish greenery around, it is one of the richly possessions of Antonio. The home is designed in a very intricate manner keeping in mind all the amenities required in today’s world. It has a huge lawn and a garden outside it. In the garden there is a swimming pool and spacious areas provided for sunbath.
Awards and recognitions
He along with Babyface, was rewarded with the title of BMI Icon in the 6th annual BMI Urban Awards in the year 2006. He also won 18 other BMI awards. He has received various recognitions with Babyface as together they have produced no. of hits. He was also honored with National Academy in the field of Recording Arts and Sciences’ President’s Merit Award in the Grammy salute to Industry Icons celebrations in the year 2013. He is also the recipient of three Grammy Awards.
What can he do with the money he has?
With the amount of net worth Reid has he can do:
1. 5,745.03 18K pieces of Gold Men’s Round & Oval Diamond Rings worth $52,219.00 each.
2. 10,000 pieces of Burberry Alligator Skin Briefcases worth $30,000.00 each.
3. 1,034.4 pieces of Hublot Men’s Skeleton Dial Watches worth $290,000.00 each.
Antonio M. Reid has enough money to give everyone in Indonesia 1 dollar.
- “I think of myself as a producer who tries to bring the best out of everyone, whether that be an artist, songwriter or a publicist.”
- ”I’m one of those foolish people who believe the glory days of the record industry aren’t behind us. They’re actually ahead of us.”
- ”I’m not a good Samaritan, I’m a businessman… The goal is to read and react. If we sign an artist that has potential for a shelf life way out in the distance, then we’ll stay. But if not, then we won’t.”
- “Popular music has always been rooted in the blues, whether it’s Adele or Led Zeppelin or Sam Cooke. It’s just the beat that changes.”
- “World events can shape culture. Music is either a soundtrack for or a narration of changing times. And who knows how that’s going to go?”
- “The deepest and most sincere feeling I get is when I meet an artist and they have that steel in their eyes and they have that fire and that passion and all they want is to be a star and to hear themselves on the radio.”