Nicholas Sparks Net Worth,Money and More
NET WORTH-$ 30 MILLION
PROFESSION-NOVELIST,SCREENWRITER,PRODUCER AND PHILANTHROPIST
Nicholas Sparks is one of the famous American novelist. He is the best-selling author with over 85 million copies of his novels such as The Notebook, A Walk To Remember, Dear John ,The Lucky One ,Message in a Bottle and many more being sold worldwide. His novels include twelve #1 New York Times bestsellers, and all his books, including Three Weeks with My Brother, the memoir he wrote with his brother, Micah, have been New York Times and international bestsellers, and were translated into more than fifty languages.
Nicholas Charles Sparks was born on December 31, 1965, in Omaha, Nebraska,U.S.His father Patrick Michael Sparks was a professor of business and his mother Jill Sparks was a homemaker and optometrist’s assistant, He used to live with his two siblings and parents in Minnesota, Los Angeles, and Grand Island, Nebraska, finally settling in Fair Oaks, California at the age of eight.
He went to prep school in Fair Oaks,California and then graduated in 1984 from Bella Vista High School as valedictorian. He enrolled at the University of Notre Dame, having received a full track and field scholarship. After breaking the Notre Dame school record as part of a relay team in 1985 as a freshman (a record which still stands), he was injured and spent the summer recovering. He majored in Business Finance and graduated with high honors in 1988.
He met Catherine Cote in the same year he graduated during spring break. Cote is a native of New Hampshire. They married on July 22, 1989 and moved to New Bern, North Carolina. In the wake of these two life-changing events, Nicholas and Catherine moved to Sacramento, California. He worked a variety of jobs over the next three years, including real estate appraisal, waiting tables, selling dental products by phone, and started his own small manufacturing business which struggled from the beginning. He began selling pharmaceuticals and moved from Sacramento, California to North Carolina in 1992.
CHRONOLOGY OF NOVELS
- In 1985 and 1989 he wrote The Passing and The Royal Murders respectively which remained unpublished.
- The Notebook was published in October 1996 and made the New York Times best-seller list in its first week of release.
- In 1998, Message in a Bottle was published which explores the love after grief and is set in the mid-late 1990s, then-contemporary Wilmington, North Carolina.
- A Walk to Remember was released in October 1999. It is a story of two teenagers who fall in love with each other despite the disparity of their personalities.
- In 2000, The Rescue was published.
- In 2001, A Bend in the Road was released worldwide.
- In 2002, Night in Rodanthe hit the bookstores.Its story follows the purely intense and close romance of a divorced mother and a divorced father and surgeon. The novel’s two main protagonists meet in an inn in Rodanthe and fall strongly in love.
- In 2003, The Guardian and The Wedding hit the bookstores.
- In 2004, Three Weeks with my Brother was published.
- In 2005, True Believer and At first sight was released worldwide.
- In 2006, Dear John was published. The story is about a romantic couple who fall in love over one summer. They are separated during the man’s military service and later on his return finds her being married to another man.
- In 2007 The Choice hit the bookstores worldwide.
- In 2008,The Lucky One was released.
- In 2009 The Last Song was released. The story revolves around the summer of Ronnie Miller’s seventeenth year, during which she is sent to stay with her estranged father. Through their shared love of music, the duo reconnects.
- In 2010 Safe Haven was published.
- In 2011 Best of Me hit the bookstores.
- In 2013 The Longest Ride was released worldwide.
Following is the list of films released which are actually the onscreen depictions of novels-
- Message in a Bottle (February 1999)
- A Walk to Remember (January 2002)
- The Notebook (June 2004)
- Nights in Rodanthe (September 2008)
- Dear John (February 2010)
- The Last Song (March 2010)
- The Lucky One (April 2012)
- Safe Haven (February 2013)
Following are the movies yet to be released-
- The Best of Me (October 2014)
- The Longest Ride (February 2015)
Nicholas Sparks owns a 24,000-square-foot, waterfront mansion on the banks of New Bern, North Carolina.
Sparks has donated a track to New Bern High School and contributes to local and national charities. Nicholas Sparks donated $1.5 MILLION for a new, all-weather tartan track, to New Bern High School. He also donates his time to help coach the New Bern High School track team and a local club track team as a volunteer head coach. He contributes to the Creative Writing Program (MFA) at the University of Notre Dame by funding scholarships, internships and annual fellowships. In 2008, Entertainment Weekly reported that Sparks and his wife had donated “close to $10 million” to start a Christian, international, college-prep private school, The Epiphany School of Global Studies.
- “Sometimes you have to be apart from people you love, but that doesn’t make you love them any less. Sometimes you love them more.”
- “My daddy said, that the first time you fall in love, it changes you forever and no matter how hard you try, that feeling just never goes away.”
- “The emotion that can break your heart is sometimes the very one that heals it…”
- “Romance is thinking about your significant other, when you are supposed to be thinking about something else.”
- “How far would you go to keep the hope of love alive?”